This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Ready to switch to a healthier fat?
I am always looking for ways to make my family’s diet healthier. I started experimenting with using coconut in cooking and recipes over a year ago because I had read about many of the healthy benefits of coconut oil. Plus, coconut oil can be used for higher heat cooking than olive oil, which also has its own health benefits.
Coconuts are a staple in tropical diets. Although coconut oil is a saturated fat, studies show replacing 2 tbsp of fat in your diet with coconut oil (toast, baked potatoes, cooking, baking, etc.) per day can be beneficial in losing weight.
How coconut oil helps you lose fat
- Keeps you feeling full longer so you eat fewer calories throughout the day.
- Fires up your metabolism (gives you energy) to burn through the calories faster than other fats.
- Less than half of the fat in coconut oil contributes to the fat in your body, while almost all of butter contributes to the fat in your body.
See these videos from Dr. Oz to see how coconut oil provides these fat fighting benefits:
Other benefits of coconut oil:
- Lowers cholesterol making it heart healthy when used to replace other fats in your diet.
- Used in skin care to provide anti-aging benefits for its moisturizing and antioxidant properties.
Find skin care products containing coconut oil here.